Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Snack at the Local Markets

One of my favorite things to do here in Korea is just walk around various subway stops until I find a local market. I absolutely love walking around the local markets, because they have all sorts of yummy looking foods, and almost every time I've gone, I've discovered at least one new food item. :D

A couple weeks ago when I was wondering around the downtown area, I stumbled onto this great market just off of the Jongno-5-ga station. It's a really large market where one half is devoted to clothing, bedding, and textiles and the other half is devoted entirely to food. There were a lot of great food stands, but unfortunately, I was way to full at the time to try anything.

Therefore when Ning came to visit, I decided I had to take him to this Jongno-5-ga area market because 1. it's one of the biggest local markets that I've found so far and 2. one of the things that stood out when I found this place was there were lots of pacheon-type foods (yummy Korean pancakes) stands and I knew Ning's a big fan of pacheon.

So after a whole day of walking and eating many meals from various street food vendors, we headed over to the Jongno-5-ga area market, and we ordered a huge pacheon. It had to be our 6th or 7th meal of the day, but it was delicious that we devoured the entire thing even though it was absolutely enormous. There's gotta be no better feeling than getting a great pacheon from the local market...


Our wonderfully delightful pacheon-like pancake

No comments:

Post a Comment