Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Discovering New Street Food: Okonomiyaki

Just when I thought I had tried all the different kinds of street food there are in Korea, I find a new little surprise by the Ehwa Subway Station. I was walking around the area trying to decide what to eat for dinner, when I passed by a Japanese Takoyaki (Octopus Ball) cart. All the other Japanese carts I had seen only sell Takoyaki, but this particular one had something new called Okonomiyaki. Curious, I had to try it. It turned out to be mixture of octopus, shrimp, egg, and vegetables made into something resembling a crab cake, and to top it off, were pan-friend udon noodles. Talk about YUM!!! For street food, it was kinda expensive (4,000 won), but it was totally worth it. So glad I found this cart :D

No comments:

Post a Comment